Beauty and Fashion Blog, Makeup Reviews, How to Makeup | Keshia Glam: Dollar Store..makeup?!? {Beauty On A Budget Vol.1)

Dollar Store..makeup?!? {Beauty On A Budget Vol.1)

I decided to start a series called Beauty on a Budget. I'll be reviewing and swatching sharing my tips for shopping at different businesses with the best discounted/cheaper makeup. This will be my first post in the series, which is an introduction and my dollar store lipstick collection!


Everyone wants the look for less. We all want to have the best quality products, for a cheaper price. If you've read my About Me, you know that I live in a rural area. Where I live, two dollar stores are pretty much what I have to work with if I need anything,without driving to the city. So most of my shopping is done online.
Whenever I go to the dollar store for odds and ends, I always mozy on to the beauty products scouting for certain products. Like NYC/Wet n Wild lip products, eyeliners, E.L.F. products, L'oreal foundation, CoverGirl blushes and Garnier products. If I see something, I buy it and feel completely guilt-free.
Besides the decent, more reputable brands like Covergirl, L'oreal, and Maybelline a lot of women are afraid to to waste money on the lower ends cosmetics like L.A. Colors, Wet N Wild, NYC and no-brand cosmetics. When you buy reputable brands from a dollar store, it's indeed the same exact product you'd get if you were to buy it at Walmart. Except of course, it's cheaper. I can admit if the brand isn't reputable or one of a couple of other brands, I don't give it a shot. I've tried one palette from LA Colors, it was cheap and horrible. So now, I don't even consider buying anything from the brand; but lately, I've been hearing about LA Colors stepping their game up especially with the glitter liners and nail polishes.

OKAY enough talking on, you just want to see the products right? All of the lipsticks are $0.99 to $2.00 and are sold at Dollar General or Family dollar, but not exclusively. I do own high end lipsticks but like I said, Beauty on a Budget ladies! These lipsticks have good pigmentation, longevity and don't dry my lips out..that's what we want right? 

First, we have the pinks.
NYC: Blossom, WnW: Light Berry Frost & Mauve Outta Here
Cheap Makeup Cheap Cosmetics NYC Wet n wild Lipstick



The Reds/Corals
WnW:Red Velvet & Copper Dust, NYC- Sugarplum, Wnw: Light Beige Frost



The Browns
Wnw: Mocha-licious & Bare It All, NYC: Plum Rum


Cheap Makeup Cheap Cosmetics NYC Wet n wild Lipstick


Horrible swatches right? Please forgive me. If you've tried any of these lipsticks or have any ideas for my series, comment below <3


Other Posts: 

4 comments:

  1. I love Mauve Outta Here! I have Bare It All but I still don't know how to make it work better on my dark skin!

    Jen xx
    jentea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried these products out yet, but I have tried some of the e.l.f. lipsticks and had great results.
    Also, I nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award as I totally love your blog. Check the link I'm leaving for details on the award. :)
    Hope you have a great day!
    Danielle
    http://kalamityjanekosmetics.blogspot.com/2013/03/the-versatile-blogger.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have WnW light berry frost and light beige frost,love the light beige frost one,it's a very pretty rosy pink color. I also have NYC Plum Rum but I'd really love to try Sugarplum, these are great lipsticks for a college student on a budget!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of the top reasons I love them is because they're so accessible, you can find them anywhere and you don't have to debate on if you want to "waste money" because they're only a dollar or two.

      Delete

Thanks for commenting! I always try to reply to comments as soon as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...