Beauty and Fashion Blog, Makeup Reviews, How to Makeup | Keshia Glam: Beauty on a Budget Review: LA Colors Jumbo Eye Pencils

Beauty on a Budget Review: LA Colors Jumbo Eye Pencils

I recently saw a post from a fellow blogger +Dana Tanksley over at LuvSickBeauty on L.A. Colors jumbo pencils and I decided to finally check them out as a part of my Beauty on a Budget series. I'm a huge fan of the NYX Jumbo Eye pencils so I just had to try out these babies. I went to a few of my local family dollars and I found only 4 different shades. *sigh*

I hauled these in my last haul (link below). I went on a mini rant about how much I loathe LA Colors but was going to give a few of their items a chance so the LA Colors Jumbo Eye Pencils are up first.

la colors jumbo eye pencils


la colors jumbo eye pencils
Price: $1.50
The shades I purchased are: Sea Shells, Saltwater, Tropical Bliss and Sunglasses. Some shades are overall better than others. With all of the pencils except the black, the tip slid off the second it touched my skin and had to be resharpened. The pencils are pretty creamy which is sometimes good but a few are too creamy.

As you notice sea shells is so creamy to the point it easily caked on my skin. Tropical bliss is a decent consistency. Sunglasses is actually my favorite one to say it's black. Saltwater is just awful. It went on my lid like some kind of eyeshadow you'd get out of a child's easter basket, pretty much like a glittery transparent gel.

I'll be using sunglasses and tropical bliss as a base. There's still a bit of work to be done be with sea shells before it'll ever amount to NYX Milk Pencil. The only pro of buying these: I found out the LA Colors pencil sharpener will work for my NYX jumbo pencils.

Have you tried any of these?


Other Posts:

8 comments:

  1. I have the white one and I actually really like it. I'm not sure why your's came out that way. :(

    - http://www.beautylogging.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. really? I'm gonna work with it a bit or buy another one!

      Delete
  2. I love these pencils they work great as bases for me. Sorry you didn't like them. It would be cool if we can collaborate on a tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That'd be cool, I can't find your email address, probably overlooking it but email me @ KeshiaGlam@gmail.com so we can talk about our collab!

      Delete
  3. I absolutely love the NYX Jumbo pencil in Milk. It really helps make my colors pop! Where did you find these??

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just bought these today because I heard rave reviews, but am I bit disappointed. Guess I shouldn't really expect anything out of makeup that cost me $1.50 though. They didn't have a lot of colors to choose from when I went, I was hoping to get Desert Sun or Bronze Shimmer when I was there but didn't see any of those too. I got some of the same ones you did except Sea Shells which they only had one left of and the top was completely smeared off as if someone had played with it. But I did get Pool Party and Sweet Wishes. Sunglasses came out the best. I thought Tropical Bliss came out came out darker than it looks and looked muddy. My Saltwater didn't come out like yours, wasn't as cakey but looked lighter with bits of shimmer. What made me angry is as I was applying it to my eye the whole tip came off. :/ Sweet Wishes (a darker silver grey) was okay but nothing to write home about. Pool Party was another one that came out pretty good, very vibrant and consistent in color. So I don't know how I really feel about these. I don't think they are really worth the hype. :/ I haven't tried NYX's but heard a lot of people compare these to them. Are they any better with quality?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All of the tips of my pencils came off while applying and that was on my hand for swatching so I wasn't too heavy handed. Sunglasses is my favorite too because it wasn't cakey like the others and it glided on my skin. I use sunglasses sometimes to line my waterline. I've seen great work done with these pencils but they just don't appeal to me. I got them hoping they'd be a dupe for the NYX's but in my opinion they just aren't comparable. I believe they'll get the job done as far as using them as a base with alot of coating, but nothing more.

      Delete

Thanks for commenting! I always try to reply to comments as soon as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...