Beauty and Fashion Blog, Makeup Reviews, How to Makeup | Keshia Glam: Happy Birthday to ME! (Personal Story)

Happy Birthday to ME! (Personal Story)

Hey loves <3 Guess what AUG.19 is!!! *Glances at title* It's my birthday :)

A whopping 20 years old. I'm not one to go all ballistic for my birthday simply because I've never really celebrated my birthday until last year. Sometimes I think of my birthday as a reminder, a reminder that I'm getting older and not where I'd like to be. It makes me very depressed at times.


I mentioned this to my girlfriend(BA in psychology). She reminds me that I spent alot of time after graduating high school doing Army training and when I returned I was honestly depressed. I missed the Active duty Army life so much. I started a new job but it took me awhile to re-cooperate and accept that I couldn't return back to the Active Duty life. Right after I started to get better and enroll in Esthetician school(first try) a hurricane hit and my unit was sent to the gulf to aid Hurricane victims, while on Hurricane duty, we were told we'd be deploying..which halted all of my education plans. Of course, the deployment ended up being canceled which meant that I'd wasted half a year.

Anyways, Lynn(girlfriend) said I should make a list of my accomplishments (to make myself feel better) and a list of the things I'd like to accomplish. She was right, once I see what I've accomplished in this short amount of time, it makes me feel better.

My accomplishments:
  • 3yrs down in the Army/3 more to go!!
  • Mommy to a bearded dragon
  • Enrolled in Esthetician/Makeup School (Fuck-Yeah)
  • Website owner of this amazing blog
  • No negative items on my Credit Score

What I'd like to have accomplished by my next(21st) birthday:
  • Complete another year in the Army
  • Be a Licensed Esthetician/MUA
  • Attend a 2-4day class at CMC Makeup School:Dallas,TX (IMATS Sponsor)
  • Be enrolled or already working towards a degree in Business
  • Have 1000 blog followers
  • Start or have started making YouTube videos.


Well there's my list. On my 21st birthday, I'm going to back and look at the list and see how far I've gotten. As these things happen, I'd like to come back and strikethrough them. I know my post signature always says "thanks for reading" but I'd like to personally thank you for reading this. Thanks for the comments, the pageviews, the compliments. Just thank you for everything. I know I don't have the highest stats, but I'm still so grateful for each and every person following my blog. Yall are truly like the beauty/fashion friends I've never had and now I'm crying. Okay beauties that's my queue.

9 comments:

  1. First of all...

    Happy belated birthday! =)
    I hope you had a nice birthday and can accomplish everything you have listed before your next birthday!!


    Would you like to follow each other on Bloglovin and GFC? Take a look into my blog and let me know!
    http://www.gwiyomistyle.net/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! Your blog is lovely!!!! Would you like to follow each other on bloglovin' ? xxx

    Gleaming Spire * Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, happy birthday!! Best of luck in accomplishing everything on your list!

    www.joojoo-blog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday! :D I hope your day was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday! You should be very proud of all your accomplishments, you have achieved so much already and you're only 20!

    let me know if you want to follow each other on GFC and Bloglovin :) xxx

    I left my heart in Miami on Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, it was <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much, I'm following your blog now..via GFC and bloglovin' :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I always try to reply to comments as soon as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...